run run revolution

Monday, June 19, 2006

the omen (twentieth century fox, 2006) isn’t the first film less compelling than the average hour of end times radio, but it is one of the few to be based on the same passages in scripture. part of the problem is that it doesn’t seem creepy that the devil is born into the family of a us consular official, it seems redundant, like the movie itself. In the all-too-faithful remake’s only significant variation on the 1976 version, the popes and his Vatican friends read the coming of the antichrist in slides of current events. At least when pentecostal preachers do similar things on the radio, they take the catholic church as one of the signs of the apocalypse.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger scruffylooking said…

    Hey,

    This is Tara. I want to add you to my Iowa City blog roll. Let me know if you're into it. If I don't hear from you, I won't add you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home